Wednesday, December 22, 2010

On the 3rd Day of Christmas The Design House gave to me...

3 French Hens!  I actually took a moment to figure out what a French Hen is.  I know there are so many kinds of chickens out there, but wanted to know why you'd give a French Hen as a gift.  According to my findings on Google, King Henry IV of France spotted these chickens and found them to be so tasty he demanded them on the menu daily.  I suppose because they became such a delicacy for the King that's why you gave French Hens as a gift; my reasoning as to gifting these chickens - blue feet.  Yep they have blue feet and to me that is pretty rad.  So today's gift ideas from The Design House Boutique are blue themed and there may be a chicken. 

These small and large opaque glass hens would be adorable in any kitchen.  They'd also be fun on a bookcase, hutch or really anywhere you'd like to put them. 
http://thedesignhouseboutique.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_26&products_id=515


Beautiful honeycomb cobalt blue glass ornaments would be beautiful on or off the tree.  Fill a giant vase full of these as a centerpiece or place it on the mantel.  Such an elegant way to display them.
http://thedesignhouseboutique.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_47&products_id=462


I know through these past 7 days of Christmas I have shown a bunch of pillows, but this I couldn't pass up.  It's a blue and white toile pillow with pick stitching.  Perfect for any French Country room.
http://thedesignhouseboutique.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=311


The French Hens and that amazing toile pillow inspired me to find a fun French Country kitchen.  This is slightly more on the Contemporary side, but still has a lot of that French Country style.  The use of glass front cabinets along with natural stone counter tops are true to the style as is the wrought iron pot rack and hardware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment